A loss in black
Posted by Ricky - Sixers4guidos on November 14, 2007
That’s what happened to me with Sixers’ 99-84 loss to the Dallas Mavericks that sets our record at 2-5 (.286). This morning I couldn’t resist and I logged on to NBA.com to see the score. So tonight I “enjoyed” the show.
Actually our first half was very, very good: so good that at the end we were leading by seven points at 43-50. Sam Dalembert had a heck of a game, with a couple of three points plays, an alley hoop dunk (fed by Iguodala) and a couple of 18 footers in his best game of the season. Jason Smith was strong again: two blocks at the upper level and a basket with a mid range shot of his. Hey, I could even have a good laugh seeing the monster called Popeye Jones behind Dallas’ bench.
Then the second half, and the night, came. A 16-2 Mavericks run immediately turned the seven point deficit into a seven point lead (59-52). Desagana Diop closed all the ways to Dallas’ basket, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry started going to work and Sixers could never went back into the game.
Mavericks lead was stretched to 14 points at the beginning of the fourth (84-70 with 9 minutes to go), and Sixers were done at that point, falling to a maximum of – 21 points (97-76) before trimmering it in garbage time.
Now I have some comments, after all that’s what a Sixers blog must do:
1) according to the boxscore our boy Andre Iguodala had a so-and-so game, with another poor shooting night and 7 turnovers, which is a lot indeed. But watching him playing, I had the impression he was very good. What he did under the boards (12 rebounds) and while dishing the ball to his team mates (8 dimes) was exciting. On defense he guarded even the seven footer Dirk. So I must say I liked what he did tonight on both ends of the floor.
2) Reggie Evans is really a rebounding MONSTER, especially considering his size. If he only had ONE offensive move…well, he probably wouldn’t play for the Sixers, LOL.
3) is Andre Miller showcasing himself in order to get traded? I’ve read this on the Sixers board BEFORE catching the game so I paid attention while watching. I came to the conclusion that this might be actually true, he is REALLY shooting too much (in the picture, for example…), often forcing them, and this is becoming suspect (please notice I usually don’t give a damn about these rumors). Let’s follow him carefully in the next games…. uhm… I think I will ask Tom Moore this !
4) you perhaps know I am a self proclaimed Korver groupie, but honestly he’s playing like crap. He’s taking the right shots, they simply don’t go in… what is a shooter supposed to do in these cases? Yeah, go on shooting…
5) Willie Green is so unused to pass the ball, that when he does it, he turns it over. It was on a 3-vs-1 fastbreak in the fourth. I laughed again. But he was decent last night, let’s be honest here.
and finally the most important question: WHY IN THE HELL WE ARE WEARING AGAIN THE F’N BLACK UNIFORMS on the road? I thought that we chosed to go back to red last year, and that was definitive !!!!!
This annoys me more than any possible loss…yes, I am a Sixers red uniforms feticist…so what ?